Global LNG demand is expected to reach 700 million tons by 2040, according to forecasts, driven by an increase in demand for natural gas, especially in hard-to-electrify sectors. LNG operators are tasked with maximising production from their installed capacity while improving efficiency and reducing emissions. This is challenging by itself and made harder due to limitations with traditional optimization techniques that analyse a limited set of process variables and do not produce timely recommendations.
Join Baker Hughes, C3 AI, and Shell to learn about the role of artificial intelligence (AI) in optimising processes for improved production and energy efficiency in LNG operations. The webinar will discuss the role of enterprise AI, the challenges with traditional physics-only simulation technologies, and examples of domain focused AI-based optimisation in LNG operations today. The session will also include a technical overview of the foundational BHC3 Process Optimization application and the Shell Process Optimizer for LNG module, a proven and hardened AI-based solution that helps increase production and reduce energy use in LNG processes.
During this livestream event, you will learn:
- The limits of traditional approaches to LNG production optimization
- The role that AI-based process optimization can play in producing timely setpoint recommendations that increase LNG production while meeting other operational requirements
- The details of BHC3 Process Optimization and Shell Process Optimizer for LNG, and their features and benefits
- How Shell configured and deployed enterprise AI to achieve a 1% improvement in LNG production per train per year
- Connie Griffin, E2E Optimization Product Owner, PTS/IG, Shell
- Binu Mathew, CTO, Oil and Gas, C3 AI
- Nikhil Gulati, Head of Applied ML, BakerHughesC3.ai
- Fabio Mazzocchetti, Sr Solution Leader, C3 AI
This webcast was originally published on Petroleum Economist. You can find it here.
Register to Watch